How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Get Pregnant, After Having Had Breast Augmentation?

How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Get Pregnant, After Having Had Breast Augmentaiton?

When To Get Pregnant After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Missjuly,

Usually, it is best for a patient to get pregnant after her breast augmentation at about 6 months when acceptable/full recovery is established.

It is risky for a pregnant patient to undergo a required revision surgery because of possible complications that could arise.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast augmentation and pregnancy

+1

Breast augmentation is best performed after pregnancy if possible, but it can certainly be performed before. the waiting period should be limited to the time for enough healing and making sure no surgical complications can still arise requiring surgery while pregnant.

pregnancy a few weeks after an augmentation should be ok assuming no complications.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Pregnancy post Breast Augmentation

+1

There is no specific amount of time to wait before getting pregnant. You will not want to continue any postoperative medications due to the potential impact on the fetus. Pregnancy may impact the breasts which may necessitate revision surgery for the breasts.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

As long as your incisions are healed and you are off the postsurgical medications, it is okay to proceed with attempting pregnan

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

As long as your incisions are healed and you are off the postsurgical medications, it is okay to proceed with attempting pregnancy.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for an evaluation to make sure that you are a candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

How long to wait for pregnancy after a breast augmenation..

+1

In my opinion there really isn’t any relationship between pregnancy and the post-operative period of a breast augmentation.  You should not attempt to get pregnant while you are on certain medications including valium, which is sometimes prescribed for post-operative muscle tightness and spams, because these can cause birth defects. I recommend you discuss this with your gynecologist.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and breast augmentation

+1

Usually it is the other way around. Patients ask if they are going to get pregnant soon should they get implants. Being that you already have implants, as long as everything has healed fine, you probably can get pregnant when you want.

Pregnancy after Breast Augmentation?

+1

There is no need to wait a specific time to become pregnant after breast augmentation surgery.  For patients who are considering breast augmentation surgery  and pregnancy, I suggest that they wait on the breast augmentation surgery if they are planning on pregnancy in the near future. Timing the operation in this fashion may help avoid unnecessary additional surgery if the breasts  change significantly during/after pregnancy.