How Long Should I Wait Before Getting Lipo if I Need It for BBL? (photo)

I am interested in the BBL, however I just had a tummy tuck 4 months ago, I still need or may need lipo in my tummy to achieve that flat look I am looking for, I think it is still to early to tell my belly has gone down even more from last month. I asked my surgeon why he did not do lipo at time of surgery and he explain the risk of necrosis of the belly and that he was not comfortable doing that and that I should wait till I heal before doing lipo on my belly.

+2

Thank you so much for your question. I advise my patient to wait 6 months however you can have the BBL and the liposuction on the abdomen at the same time.

How Long Should I Wait Before Getting Lipo if I Need It for BBL?

+2

Thank you for your question, I regularly advice my patients to wait around six months for your body to heal completely from the previous procedure and anesthesia, after this time you can have the Brazilian Butt Lift to contour your body better, this consists in liposuction and fat transfer to the buttocks and /or hips to give your body a beautiful hourglass shape.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I would do liposuction at the same time as Brazilian buttock lift (BBL)

+2

Hello Ming,

I would definitely wait and do the liposuction of the abdomen at the same time as the buttock fat grafting.  Doing so will likely save you some money as well as the extra recovery time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Lipo on belly and tummy tuck

+1

It sounds reasonable to stage the procedures so that like your surgeon stated that your flap is at lower risk of necrosis.

+1

Once you are healed, you can have liposuction of several areas to procure enough fat to get a nice change in shape and projection for your buttocks.  I usually wait 3 to 6 months following tummy tuck.   I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA