How Long Do I Have to Wait Before a Chin Implant Removal?

I am realizing that I might not be a candidate for a chin implant. I had a receding chin and I had a chin implant. It is now 6 weeks and my profile is good but I look as if I had a bump on my chin from the front view. It has altered my face and does not look normal. I have a bump and then my cheeks stick out. What shall I do?

Removing a chin implant

+2

If you do not like the contour created by your chin implant, you should remove it. There is no reason to make this a permanent part of your facial profile if it does not make you happy.

Chin implant removal

+1
If you are unhappy with the appearance I would suggest consulting with your surgeon and discussing the various options as well as removal. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Chin Implant Removal

+1

I would talk with your surgeon. There are many options besides completely removing the implant to create a better contour.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant removal for "button" look

+1

If you like the overall projection of your chin but are dissatisfied with the outer portions of the implant, there are options such as converting to an anatomic implant with tapered edges or fat grafting or fillers.