How long do you wait before having Bolotero dissolved? (photo)

I had Bolotero injected under my eyes because I had hollowness, but the dr. injected too much (2 syringes) and how I look terrible with bags under my eyes. I went to see him after 5 days and he said I had to wait 2 weeks for all the bruising to disappear. Every day is like a century and I have to hide my face from everyone. Can I get the Bolotero dissolved after a week or do I have to wait at least 2 weeks. Will the lump when dissoved leave wrinkles since it was stretched out? Thanks.

Timing

+1
It's not necessarily a question of when you can, but when you should. The filler can be dissolved immediately after it's placed. Likely, your provider wants to see the final result, after bruising and swelling has resolved, before making a decision about what to do. In my experience, this patience pays off. Although waiting can seem like an eternity, like you said, it's still very possible that you may end up with a desired result once the bruising and swelling resolve. If you don't, you can still dissolve the product then. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Murrieta Ophthalmologist

Can dissolve Belotero at any time

+1
Your injector is likely wanting to see the final results once all the swelling and bruising is gone.  Indeed, sometimes things look much better after the first week or two!
That being said, if you are absolutely unhappy with the results, your injector should be able to dissolve the Belotero for you at any time. 
Regarding your final question- no the lump should not leave wrinkles in the skin after it's dissolved.  It may feel as if it's stretched because of all the inflammation and bruising, but the area should go back to "normal" after the product is dissolved. 
I would recommend that you return to your injector and discuss these issues with him.

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Dissolving Belotero

+1
Hi Katy.  We are not sure why you would have to wait 2 weeks to dissolve Belotero.  The product will dissolve just as well now as it will in 2 weeks, but we are guessing that your injector wants you to see the final results before dissolving.  

To view more information about Hyaluronidase reversal for Belotero in Orange County, check the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD