how long should I wait after a rhinoplasty to have under eye treatment for slight hollowness? (photo)

I am having rhinoplasty done in 9 days. I am going to set up a consultation with a Dr. Jonathan Kulbersh but I don't know how long I should wait after my surgery to schedule an appointment with him. Also I'm not sure what I should consider getting as far as fillers/procedure. I would like to have an input from multiple people prior to my visit as well.

I would recommend putting off lower eyelid fillers for some time after rhinoplasty.

+2
The under eye fillers can very much influence how we understand the nose in relation to the rest of the face.  Rhinoplasty is a very important cosmetic surgery.  I think that is very important to let the face heal after surgery without filler services for at least 6 months, possibly longer so that you have a good understanding of what the rhinoplasty surgery has accomplished before letting someone else alter the face by placing under eye fillers.

How long after rhinoplasty before having treatment under eyes?

+2

It is likely that there could be some degree of swelling around your eyes after rhinoplasty and this definitely can affect the appearance of the area.  I would think you would need at least a month before beginning to think of any treatment under the eyes.  It's possible it could be longer as well, but your progress would need to be monitored to determine when it ultimately would be okay.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon