How Long Should I Wait After a Tummy Tuck to Safely Get Pregnant?

I am trying to lose about a hundred pounds but it is mostly around my mid section and back so I think I want lipo also, but I want kids

Tummy Tuck and Pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question.  The number of issues within your situation should be addressed in an appropriate order.  First, because of the amount of weight you need to lose you are considered obese.  Obesity can cause complications during pregnancy, and you should discuss the risks with your OB/GYN before considering getting pregnant.  Next, a tummy tuck and liposuction are not weight loss surgeries.  Before considering these procedures, you would need to be as close to your ideal body weight as possible, or at least within 15-20 pounds of it.  I would recommend a consultation with a Registered Dietician to help you achieve your goals.  Lastly, you should wait to have a tummy tuck/liposuction until after you are finished having children.  Pregnancy stretches the abdominal muscles and causes skin laxity which a tummy tuck can correct, but if you continue having children after a tummy tuck you would likely have to redo the procedure after pregnancy.  Best of luck to you. 

Delay having a tummy tuck until after you've had a family

+1

Thanks for your question. It is probably not a good idea to have a tummy tuck if you are planning to get pregnant. Pregnancy can stretch and distort the muscles and soft tissues of your abdomen. Once everything has settled down after you've had your family, and you have achieved a stable weight, then you can have a tummy tuck knowing that the results from surgery will be more long-lasting.

Australia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and pregnancy

+1

Lose the weight first then have a consult with a PS. There shouldn't be any problem with getting pregnant and proceeding with a pregnancy after a tummy tuck compared to not having the tummy tuck. Of course after pregnancy you may need another tummy tuck, which is the down side of having it before your done having children. On the other hand I understand wanting to look your best particularly after losing all of that weight. Good luck. 

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Best to delay abdominoplasty until after pregnancies

+1

If you are planning to get pregnant in the next year I would certainly continue with your excellent weight loss plan and have the abdominoplasty after your are done with your family.  

+1

Lose the weight first then re evaluate. If you have a tummy tuck first and then have kids, you may need another tummy tuck. It is best to have children first and then have the tummy tuck. However, if your abdominal situation is very severe you may need the tummy tuck first.  

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after a tummy tuck

+1

Hi looking to help.  Liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure.  It is best to modify your diet and exercise habits, then see a plastic surgeon to discuss an abdominoplasty.   If you become pregnant after an abdominoplasty you may develop abdominal wall laxity and lose some of the benefit of the operation.  Therefore it is best to have the surgery after you are finished having children.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after Abdominoplasty

+1

I would focus on losing weight with diet and exercise. A tummy tuck is not going to help you lose weight. After your weight loss you can reevaluate your options, but I would delay a full tummy tuck until you are finished with pregnancies.

Tummy Tuck and Pregnancy

+1

Your plan sounds good but needs to be reordered.  The first thing you need to do is really concentrate on losing weight.  To do this humus gradually change her eating habits.  This means, instead of going on a diet, use simply change what she eats slightly with each meal over time continue eating a diet with less carbohydrates (no more than 30%), more protein and more good fat as well as less total calories.  You must lose the intra-abdominal fat as well as the external fat before you can even consider an abdominoplasty.  He should then have children, as pregnancy markedly stretches the abdomen and you do not want this to happen after an abdominoplasty.  When you do have the abdominoplasty, liposuction is frequently a part of it.  If, after losing weight, you have a marked panniculus, you could have this removed first, then have children, and then have the tummy tuck.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Massive weight loss

+1

It sounds as if you need to order your priorities. 1- loose the weight  2- reevaluate your abdomen -- if you have a large apron -- then just have the pannus removed. 3- have a family   4- have a tummy tuck.   That's how I would plan your next 10 - 15 years.

Timing of tummy tuck

+1

ideally I would suggest you wait until after children to have a tummy tuck, then it should not need to be repeated after pregnancy.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/tummy-tuck-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon