To have a Breast Lift, how long should I wait after I'm done with breast feeding?

I'm planning to have a breast lift and would like to know how long should I wait after I'm done breast feeding to achieve the best results with the procedure?

Breast lift after breast feeding

+1
I generally require patients to wait 2-3 months following breast feeding before performing a breast lift or breast augmentation.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery after breast feeding

+1
Most surgeons will, I believe, recommend that you wait at least six montha after lactation to have breast surgery.  Select your sugreon carefully and your surgeon will give you good advice.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

+1
Congratulations on the Baby!!! I suggest waiting 6 - 9 months before proceeding with breast lift surgery.  Your milk needs to be dried up as well as the changes in your breasts need to have subsided.  Your body requires time to heal following pregnancy. Make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  During your consultation you will be advised of your surgical options to receive the results you are looking to achieve.

Frank Lista, MD

Breast surgery after breast feeding

+1
Any elective breast surgery should be postponed until at least 3 if not 6 months after you are finished breast feeding.  Your breast size and shape may continue to change during that period of time and your breasts should be stable at the time that you have your surgery.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift after nursing.

+1
Most recommend 3 to 6 months after cessation of nursing.  Breasts should be back to normal by exam, and your weight should be close to normal.

All the best. 

Breast feeding and breast lift

+1
Most experts recommend a time period of 6 months after stopping breast feeding to let the breast return to normal shape, size and contour, prior to having a breast lift operation.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Wait at least 6 months after finished breast-feeding before breast lift

+1
It takes time for your breast to readjust after cessation of breast-feeding.  It is most important that your breasts have finished involuting or becoming smaller and that the maximum amount of sagging that can occur has finished.  Generally speaking 6 months is a recommended time but in some patients who is breasts continue to get smaller it may take a year before the process is stabilized.

It is also important that you wait until the fatty tissue on your body caused by pregnancy has been lost.  Again this occurs in 6 months with some patients but can take up to a year.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

How long after cessation of breastfeeding for a breast lift?

+1
6 months is the generally agreed time period after you have stopped breast feeding, before undergoing a breast lift operation. However, you should also ensure that your weight has returned to a steady state.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

To have a Breast Lift, how long should I wait

+1
Thanks for your question.
Ideally 6 months is necessary for your breasts to settle.
So 6 months after your cease breast feeding, you can plan your Breast Lift Surgery.
Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+1
I agree with my colleagues. I wait a minimum of 3 months. You need to allow ample time for your body, including the hormonal balance, to settle down. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS