How Long Do I Need to Wait After Smart Lipo Before I Can Tan?

i had smart lipo done a week ago on my abdomen area. how long do i need to wait before i go swimming or get out in the sun?

After Smart Lipo before I can tan

+1

Six weeks is the best amount of time to wait after Smart Lipo before tanning. This allows 80% healing. The longer you wait the better.

From MIAMI DR. B

Sun exposure after liposuction

+1

Before you start putting on sunscreen and exposing your insertions scars to the sun and ocean or pool water, or sandy surfaces, be sure that your surgeon has seen you and that all insertions sites are examined and have healed well.  Theoretically there is a greater chance of hyperpigmentation of the scars from sun so you should keep them covered well for at least a year after surgery, with a combination of sunscreen, UVA and UVB waterproof, high number, and water sports clothing.

Ronald Shelton, MD