How Long Do I Have to Wait After Rhinoplasty to Wear Makeup?

I wasn't sure how long I need to wait to put on makeup after rhinoplasty? Also, is it dangerous for me to tan before the surgery? I don't mean literally the day before but a week or two before is that okay or will that mess up my skin? Thank you :)

Make up and tanning after rhinoplasty

+1

Make up should be avoided during the first week after surgery if there is a nasal splint.  The nasal splint needs to remain dry and the use of make up, cleanser, etc...adds a degree of difficulty for patients in keeping the splint clean and dry.  However, it is perfectly acceptable to put makeup on the nose when the cast comes off at one week.  Tanning should be avoided prior to surgery and for at least 4 weeks after surgery. 

Tanning & Makeup

+1

Tanning should be avoided before (several weeks) and after (several months) surgery but make-up can be worn fairly quickly as long as it is not directly over the incisions.

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

Should be OK to wear makeup on the face the second or third post Rhinoplasty day and over the nose at 1 week when the cast is removed.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your surgeon should advise you regarding wearing makeup, but I allow patients to wear makeup right after the nasal splint is removed, which I do at 7 days.  Avoid tanning prior to the surgery. It can cause inflammation of the skin and  possibly cause pigment problems in the skin that will be covered by tape and a splint.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Makeup after Rhinoplasty

+1

My patients start using makeup after removal of the nasal splint. Our aesthetician always helps them with that initial application. You can tan before surgery but  be careful to  not burn the skin. 

Make-up after rhinoplasty

+1

Make-up can be placed  a few days after surgery lightly on the eyes if they are not too swollen. I would limit foundation on the face because that may interfere with the nasal splint.  Avoid make-up near sutures.

How long for makeup after rhinoplasty?

+1

I let my patients wear makeup 3 days after the splint comes off. I like to let the skin "breathe" a little and only apply gentle cleanser and moisturizer for a few days and then allow the makeup regimen to restart. I do not restrict any makeup around the eyes or rest of the face.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Makeup is fine one week after rhinoplasty

+1

You can use makeup on your nose the week the splint comes off. As far as tanning, only with care well before, and avoid sun several months after.

Makeup after a rhinoplasty

+1

You can wear makeup as soon as the splint comes off, which is about 7 days for my patients.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon