How Long to Wait After Juvederm Filler Before It is Safe to Have Fractional CO2 Laser?

I have had Juvederm Ultra Plus injected just days ago. How long do I have to wait before it is safe to have fractional co2 laser? Will the fractional co2 laser cause any inflammation or infection in the existing filler? Many thanks.

Fraxel and juvederm

+1

Depending upon at what level the Juvederm was injected, often the Fraxel can be done in conjucntion with it.

Juvederm can often be done in conjunction with a fractional CO2 laser treatment

+1

Juvederm can often be done in conjunction with a fractional CO2 laser treatment, but it depends on how the Juvederm is injected. Usually, Juvederm Ultra Plus is injected deeper than the layer the CO2 laser treats. However, it depends on the area. Ideally, I would have the same doctor do both treatments so he or she knows what layer was injected with Juvederm and will customize the Fractional treatment accordingly.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fractionated CO2 Laser After Juvederm Injections

+1

Hi Lav,

It is okay to undergo Fraxel repair fractionated CO2 laser after Juvederm injections.  There have not been any reports of increased risk of infection or inflammation.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Filler will not be affected by laser resurfacing

+1

Although there might be theories of possible negative effects on fillers from resurfacing, such as an increased risk of injection, studies have shown no negative effects when laser resurfacing is done on skin that has recently been injected with fillers.

Ronald Shelton, MD