How Long Do I Have to Wait After Full Tummy Tuck to Have my Belly Button Pierced?

Tummy tuck and belly button piercing

+1

Hi,

Your doctor is the best person for you to ask but with my patients, I like them to wait two months or so.  There is still swelling in the redraped skin so the accuracy of the pierce is better as time goes by.

Of course, time is also good to allow your chance of problems to get less.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

+1

I recommend 6 to 8 weeks. But better to ask your operative chosen surgeon for this advise. These issue are usually covered in your informed consent meeting. 

Umbilical piercing after abdominoplasty

+1
I am not a fan of umbilical piercing, having performed enough umbilicoplasties on patients whose piercings have torn through or who have reconsidered their decision down the road after complications. If you have a burning desire to pierce your navel, it should not be performed for at least 3 months after abdominoplasty and then under sterile conditions.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Belly Button Piercing after Tummy Tuck?

+1

It would be best for you to check with your plastic surgeon regarding timing of belly button piercing. He/she will know  exactly how your healing  and when it will be safe to proceed with the piercing.

Generally speaking,  assuming the healing process is  progressing normally,  I would suggest you wait at least 2 months before piercing the belly button. Obviously, great care must be taken to avoid infectious complications.