How Long Do You Need to Wait After Brushing to Whiten Your Teeth?

It seems most at home whitening kits say to not use them immediately after brushing your teeth. However, of course I want my teeth clean before I bleach so I get the best & most even result possible. How long does a person need to wait after brushing to start their whitening?

Brushing before whitening teeth

+3

You're right to brush your teeth before applying whitening gel.  It is important for your teeth to be free of plaque to absorb the whitening agent.  However, you do not need to wait after brushing.  Rinse out the toothpaste well and then apply the whitening agent.  Best, Dr. Elizabeth Jahanian

Corona Cosmetic Dentist

Wait after Brushing

+3

I don't think you need to wait too long after brushing before you whiten. You're right it's important that your teeth are clean.  I believe, you can whiten within minutes after brushing as long as you rinse very well, to get all the toothpaste off of your teeth. Good Luck!

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

How long to wait after brushing to whiten your teeth?

+2

Yes your teeth should be clean before whitening, so rinse well to make sure all of the toothpaste is gone and then use the take home whitening.  You mention that you are using a take home whitening kit but you did not mention whether it came from your dentist or purchased at a store.  You can actually get take home whitening kitsfrom your dentist with trays made to fit your teeth with a stronger percentage of bleach than you can purchase at the store for about the same price.  It is safer to have a dentist at least examine your teeth before you apply whitening since it can be very painful if you have decay that you are not aware of or irritated gum tissue,

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Do You Need to Wait After Brushing to Whiten Your Teeth?

+1

You should not need to wait an extended length of time to whiten you teeth after brusing.  It is recommended that the teeh be clean and free of plaque and tarter for the best results.

San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Do You Need To Wait To Whiten After Brushing

+1

You do not have to wait any amount of time after brushing to whiten your teeth.  The main thing to be aware of here is that take home whitening products do not work as well as the products that are offered by your dentist.  The concentration of bleach in these products is not as high.  I would advise you to buy a product from your dentist to make sure that you get the best results.  

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Over the counter whitening kits

+1

I am sorry , I do not recommend any OTC whitening products. The take home kits that you can get form your dentist just as inexpensive and sometimes free in special promotional offers now a days and they provide the following:

1) Custom made

2) long shelf life

3) Given to you after professional exam and cleaning

4) given to you if there is not counter indication to you getting your teeth whitened.

5) they are safe , with instructions as to how often to use them, and what to do if they make your teeth sensitive as a lot all prodcuts that are strong enough to work do.

My advice, take care of your teeth the best you can, you only get one set. use the best professional products, and go to the professionals to get them.

Good luck

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist