How Long Do I Have to Wait After Alar Reduction to Get a Fraxel Laser Treatment to Minimize Scarring?

Scar treatments with lasers

+1

I use a pulsed dye laser a few weeks after sutures are out and monthly thereafter for a total of three to four treatments. I treat face lift scars, blepharoplasty scars, breast scars as well as scars from my own skin cancer surgeries.  If after several PDL treatments, more improvement is needed, I will add Fraxel Restore.  The beauty of the PDL is there is no downtime and it is quite affordable.  

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Restore on scar revision

+1

For most of my scar revisions, I wait about two months after the wound or surgery to do resurfacing with Fraxel Restore or Repair. There are exceptions, of course.

Ronald Shelton, MD