How Long Do I Have to Wait After Alar Reduction to Get a Fraxel Laser Treatment to Minimize Scarring?

Scar treatments with lasers

I use a pulsed dye laser a few weeks after sutures are out and monthly thereafter for a total of three to four treatments. I treat face lift scars, blepharoplasty scars, breast scars as well as scars from my own skin cancer surgeries.  If after several PDL treatments, more improvement is needed, I will add Fraxel Restore.  The beauty of the PDL is there is no downtime and it is quite affordable.  

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Restore on scar revision

For most of my scar revisions, I wait about two months after the wound or surgery to do resurfacing with Fraxel Restore or Repair. There are exceptions, of course.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon