How Long Do I Have to Wait After Active Fx to Have Ipl Treatment on Broken Capillaries?

IPL after Active FX

+2

I usually have my patients wait between 4-8 weeks depending on how their skin has responded to the laser.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. Wait until the redness subsides which can be 4-6 weeks. I hope this helps!

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

IPL after ActiveFX

+1

Typically I have my patients wait 4 to 6 weeks before treating residual, persistent redness of the treated areas.  I use either the IPL or the Vbeam with excellent results.  Both are safe, and should not impact the previous ActiveFX procedure when performed by an experienced practitioner.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD
Frisco Dermatologist

IPL after Active FX

+1

Usually after 4 weeks your skin is recovered enough to undergo IPL. Your doctor should examine you at this point and only then can let you know for sure.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long before treatment of capillaries

+1

I would wait 6-8 weeks to allow the erythema (redness) from the procedure to dissipate.  I would also tell whoever is doing the treatment to reduce the fluence by 25% and perhaps do a skin test prior to full treatment settings.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist