How Long Do Vaser Liposelection Results Last? What if I Gain Weight?

I have been told that I am an ideal candidate for abdominal Vaser liposelection based on the plastic surgeon feeling my belly and skin elasticity. But he didn't ask about my lifestyle. I exercise lightly and have never been overweight. But I do love cheese and sweets. I'm 25 so my metabolism is slowing. I have always carried my weight in my belly. Will my gut come right back? Also is there a risk that if I did gain weight it would distribute abnormally or unevenly? Thank you so much!!!!!

Liposuction changes the way you put down fat - it is a permanent resculpting.

+3

The beauty of liposuction is the resculping effect it has.  You are given fat cells in a genetically determined distribution, more in certain areas than others.  When you gain or lose weight all the fat cells get bigger or larger together, whereever they are.  That is why trying to lose wt in only one area of your body is impossible.  Liposuction takes the extra cells that you have in a certain area (like your belly).  After liposuction there are fewer cells available in that area to accept calories.  If you gain weight after liposuction, those calories will go to all available fat cells, whereever they are.  Since there are fewer fat cells left in the area of liposuction, it will not be able to accept as many calories and all other body fat cells take up the extra calories.   After liposuction you will permanently store your fat differently and, usually, in a more pleasing fashion.

Kirkland Dermatologic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo

+2

You are at that age where paying attention to food quality is an issue. If you want your result to last as long as possible, exercise 6-7 days a week for 45min. to an hour,  reduce your fast food/sweets/other poor food choices, and you can expect your vaser results to last for years. Vaser only helps you with genetic fat deposits you can’t exercise off.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results

+2

All liposuction results are permanent because the fat removed does not grow back.  Yes, if you gain weight you will add girth to your body. 

+2

Any liposuction type will be permanent as long as you do not gain LARGE amounts of weight. But best to see in person a boarded plastic surgeon in your area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Longevity of Vaser results

+2

Quite simply, if you take in more calories than you use up it will increase the fat in your body. The fat will go back to the areas of previous liposuctioning as well as other areas. Best to work on your lifestyle as well.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results permanent for body shape

+2

Regardless of the technique, liposuction works to remove localized areas of fat that don't respond to diet and exercise. The fat cells in these areas are different, and we might think of them as the sort of emergency fuel stores. So by removing them, the body is less able to put fat back into those areas with weight gain. The trick is to identify the body shape pattern and not overlook any areas that resist change; if you have 3 areas for example and you only treat 2 of them, the remaining one can become an even bigger problem. A classic example is the "apple" body, which has excess fat around the middle but skinny legs. The area that may be overlooked is the upper inner thigh, because it is typically part of that body type.