How Long Does One Typically Have to Wait After a Coronal Brow to Have Other Surgical Procedures

How Long is Wait after Coronal Brow Lift to do Other Procedures?

+2

If a patient also needs an upper eyelid blepharoplasty, one can wait 4-6 weeks to let the brows settle after a coronal brow lift before doing the eyelid surgery. Otherwise there is no need to wait and I would encourage you to do other procedures at the same time. The eyelids can be done later under local anesthesia.

Waiting after a coronal brow lift

+2

Coronal brow lifts are done less frequently these days and,  my opinion, should only be done when the patient has a low hairline and thick hair. Other facial surgeries such as blepharoplasties and face lifts can be done immediately afterwards in the same operative session . Otherwise, I might suggest waiting at least 3 months if the goal is to see the effect of the brow lift before doing other facial work. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait to see the results

+1

There is no need to wait for additional surgeries after a Coronal brow lift. If you are waiting to see the results before embarking on other facial surgeries then I would suggest you wait about 3 months.  This allows the brows to relax into there final position and will allow you to see if there are other changes you might like to consider. In my practice a brow lift is often performed in combination with blepharoplasty and facelift to allow fro complete facial rejuvenation at the same time.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait Time Between Procedures

+1
This really depends on the type of surgical procedures being done. The brow lift can be performed alone or with other facial restorative surgeries. Adding a brow lift to such procedures as a face lift or eyelid surgery has a great combined effect of restoring your upper facial region to youth. I would suggest speaking with your doctor directly about the procedures you would like performed.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1

You may be able to have other procedures as early as the same day, a week or several months after the Coronal Brow Lift depending on the procedure your talking about.  I like to stage Face Lifts at least 1 week after the Coronal Brow Lift.

Browlifts can be done at same time as other facial procedures.

+1

However, if you want to find out the the final result of the browlift, before assessing other structures, namely the eyelids, then 3 months should be adequate time. Now, every patient is different, so if there is still significant swelling persistent at three months time, then additional time is needed.

Your surgeon can help assess this.

Best of luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Waiting time for next surgery

+1

As a rule of thumb if you are considering another procedure near by, like a upper or lower blepharoplasty then I would advise you to wait 6-12 months until their is normal suppleness and function of the forehead and traces of edema has resolved. Consult your plastic surgeon, and he/she will tell you when you are ready.

Basically it all depends on how fast you heal and recover from your Coronal Brow lift which again depends to a large degree on the technique used. For example a subcutaneous hairline incision coronal forehead/brow lift will recover quicker in general than an incision in the scalp from ear to ear that is in a deep plane (subperiosteal or subgaleal). All edema, firmness and normal function should return. The further away from the procedure, the less time you have to wait. For example if you are contemplating a surgery not of the head and neck (breasts, liposuction of the tummy, or legs, you don't have to wait more than 3-4 weeks to recover from your anesthesia and be allowed to lie down flat. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS