How Long Will the Tissue in Front of and Behind Ears Be Hard and Skin Numb After Face Lift

Its been about two weeks since my lifestyle lift and the tissue in front of and behind my ears is still hard and swollen and some areas are still numb. How long will this last and can I do anything to speed up the healing process?

Numbness after facelift

+1

I had a facelift and to be honest it took almost 5 months for the skin in front and behind  to soften .I didn't have a lifestyle lift of course I had a facelift by a board certified plastic surgeon and I look and feel great.

Two weeks after facelift

+1

If you are only two weeks out from a  facelift, you will feel swollen, numb and firmness. All these things shoul get better with time.

Skin Changes after a Facelift

+1

During a face-neck lift, it is necessary to separate the skin from the underlying fatty-muscular foundation of your face so that it can be lifted up to rejuvenate you. During this process, the tiny nerves that pass through the foundation to the skin are cut. They all grow back with time, but this regrowth can take a number of months to complete. Usually by three to four months, it is almost back to normal, but this can be slower if you had facial surgery in the past. The firmness in the skin comes from the swelling involved in the healing process. Typically at one month, it should be approximately 70% better with an improvement to 90% by three months. Generally, time is the best cure as your body has a healing process it must complete. However, you can try using a warm washcloth and gently massage from the corner of your mouth back along your jaw to your ears. It is important to only use warm water and to do this for several minutes three or four times a day but often this will help soften the swelling.

Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon