Smart Lipo 1 month ago (abs, stomach, love handles) - Will I really see more improvement over the next couple of months? (photos

Hello! Long time lurker on here, I had Smart lipo a month ago on my abdomen stomach and love handles area. I think the results are going well so far, i've been on a no sodium diet & a healthy diet. I do however have a bit of bumps going on my stomach but they have gotten better week by week. I do feel some numbness on my lower back area and parts of my stomach too. Will i really see more improvement over the next couple of months? It's been a month now and so far i'm delighted but i've been told it only gets better from here on during the next couple of months. Appreciate your feedback!

Smartlipo results will improve with time

+1
Your results from Smartlipo will continue to improve over time, please be patient. You are still swollen from the procedure under the skin, which is normal. Continue to follow up with your surgeon to make sure you are healing properly.

Smart Lipo 1 month ago

+1
It can easily take 2-3 months to see your final results after liposuction. Burning, tingling, zingers, and numbness are all typical and generally resolve pretty quickly with time and massage. Always best to check with your doctor however to make sure you are healing appropriately. Hope this helps, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and continued improvement

+1
It looks like you've already gotten a great result from the procedure! The maximum we tell our patients to expect any residual swelling and general improvement from any liposuction procedure is 3-6 months after surgery. The "bumps" you've seen change are normal and should continue to get better over time. As for the numbness it can take up to a year for all of the nerves to 'wake up' and should get better over time as well. Continue to follow up with your certified plastic surgeon so they can track your progress and address any other issues you may have.

Thank you for your pictures and happy healing!

Melinda Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo 1 month ago (abs, stomach, love handles) - Will I really see more improvement over the next couple of months?

+1
As a general rule with laser liposuction the maximum improvement is met at 3 months post surgery. BTW the posted photos demonstrate an EXCELLENT early result... 

Smartlipo on abdomen

+1
It looks like you have had a significant improvement and it looks pretty good at one month. More than likley this will improve over the next few months. good luck.