Long Thin Narrow Face? (photo)

I recently lost a large amount of weight. My face always use to be more oval but now has become very thin, long and masculine looking. I am wondering if adding filler will help make my face more oval and balanced? I would like my face to look more feminine and balanced if possible. What will work?

Long Thin Narrow Face?

+1

As much as I like Radiesse, which I do, I think there's a limit to what it, or any other filler, can reasonably do.  It would take a large volume to change the balance of your face, even if that were advisable (which it probably isn't).  Fat is one substance that can typically be obtained in larger volumes.  However, simply adding filler (of any kind) may not produce an aesthetic result for your face.  You should have an in-depth consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can go over all your options with you.  Fillers may, indeed, be the best choice.  But you'll be more comfortable with that after you've explored all the options. 

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Achieving Balance in a Long, Thin and Narrow Face

+1

As we age our faces will begin to look longer, even if we had a more width when we were younger. Some are naturally long and thin-faced genetically. With weight loss this is accentuated. Traditional space-occupying fillers are an option, but it usually requires quite a bit of filler, and doesn't offer a longer-term benefit. Radiesse has some collagen stimulation capacity, but it's still primarily space-occupying. My preferred choice is Sculptra, which is not space-occupying, but is purely stimulatory--its stimulates the production of collagen, the main structural support protein of our soft tissues. Sculptra can be placed in such a way that the production of collagen and the resultant fuller look is very natural, doesn't "feel" like there's filler present, and will gradually allow you to morph into that more youthful and balanced face that you desire.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Making a thin face more oval and balanced

+1

Deeper stimulatory fillers such as Sculptra or Radiesse, when strategically injected high along the cheekbones and lateral face, will create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. Sculptra or Radiesse is not injected directly into the wrinkle lines and folds, but rather into other areas of the face to treat the subtle volume loss that leads to their appearance. This leads to the natural-looking results that are so often desired. The video link below shows me injecting my wife with Radiesse into the cheeks, marionette lines, and jaw line after she had lost a significant amount of weight as well!

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Combining the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Facelift and Nonsurgical Cheek Augmentation Can Create A More Oval, Tapered Face

+1

A long, narrow face can be tapered with the appropriate use and placement of injectable volumizers. One approach, the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Facelift, which uses volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse or Radiesse combined with Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, can help to vector the lower face upwards and outwards to oppose the natural tendency for this region to move downward and inward with time. By so doing, the lower face assumes a more triangular appearance, tapering toward the chin and flaring somewhat toward the cheekbone areas.

If still needed, the cheekbones may be further nonsurgically enhanced using the same combination of volumizing materials(in the U.S.), which is what I do in my Upper East Side NYC practice, or can be even better enhanced with more robust and longer-lasting volumizers, such as Restylane SubQ, Juvederm Voluma or Stylage XXL (in my Israeli practice where the latter materials are regulatory agency-approved). The result a more tapered lower face and whose overall length is additionally broken up by an appealing outward flare of the cheeks. 

Web reference: http://youngerlookingwithoutsurgery.com

Fillers for long thin narrow face

+1

First, many congratulations for such weight loss - that's great! When people lose a lot of weight, you also do lose volume in the face, which people don't always like. You do still have a nice facial structure and do not in any way look gaunt, so there is a lot to work with here. I would recommend you see a board-certified injector near you for an in-person consultation, or a few consults with different doctors. Specify the areas you think look thinner and how you want your face to look and he/she will go over the options with you. I would think you would need at least a few syringes into different areas - upper cheeks, central, and along the jawline, but have an in-person consultation for the best assessment.

Facial Fillers to round off the face

+1

I agree that you need closer pictures with and without a smile but the existing picture validates your concerns - yuu can consider having facial fillers in the cheekbones and also along the jawline to give the more 'oval' shape you seek. Consult a provider who provides fillers like Juvederm, Radiesse or fat injections.

Web reference: http://www.Surgery90210.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Options to help long, thin face.

+1

Pictures of you with your face at rest (not smiling) would be helpful.  Fillers would certainly be a potential option to help make a face more oval.  There are a variety of different fillers that could be used and the placement of any filler would be important to achieve a natural looking appearance.  A consultation with an experienced dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon, or plastic surgeon would be important so that you could be thoroughly evaluated and determine your options for treatment.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon