How Long Until the Swelling Goes Down?

I had a deviated septum corrected, the bridge was rasped and a graft was placed on the nasal tip. It has been 7 weeks, but my nose is very big and swollen. I regret having this done. My bridge looks wider, the tip is very big. Is this just swelling? I am very depressed :(

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

7 weeks is a fairly short time after rhinoplasty surgery, where we tend to speak about the final result at about a year post-op. You will undoubtedly see more resolution of swelling over the next few months.  If your skin is thick, then it is not surprising that a significant amount of swelling still remains 7 weeks after the surgery. Just be patient at this point, keep your head elevated during sleep, and check back with this forum a few months later hopefully to tell us how happy you are with your new nose.

How Long Until the Swelling Goes Down?

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for well over 22 years and I can understand your frustration.   At 7 weeks, post Rhinoplasty there is surely still residual swelling within the nasal tissues.  I instruct all of my Rhinoplasty patients in how to perform daily manual lymphatic drainage to reduce this residual post-Rhinoplasty swelling.  Perhaps you could ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeons for his/her recommendations to decrease this swelling.  I does take 6-12 months for the final results to be seen with Rhinoplasty, so hang in there.   

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year and are permanent then.

+2

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year and are permanent then. Be patient and the nose will go down naturally without doing anything.

Large Nose

+2

After twelve months, revision rhinoplasty could be considered.  However, please allow time to heal and stay in touch with your doctor.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does sepoplasty swelling last

+1

At 7 weeks you are still swolen.It takes 6 months to a yearfor the final result to materialze. I sometimes at this stage have a patient  use flonase drops or spray to reduce swelling.. But even with this itwill take more time dont jump to conclusions

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Swelling

+1

What you have sescribed is swelling. Most swelling will go away after 6 months, full swelling will be gone  1 year after surgery.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon