How Long Do the Side Effects of Dysport Last?

I just had dysport on my forehead and between my eyes. I feel a lot of heaviness and tightness on my forehead . I've also been experiencing headaches. Does this go away? And when?

Dysport

+1

The heaviness and tightness that you are experiencing are only temporary, maybe lasting for the first few days to week.  They should subside soon.

Post Dysport Side Effects

+1

Thank you for your question. Some people experience temporary heaviness, tightness and headache for the first few days as the product settles. Tylenol is advisable for headaches. It takes some time to get used to the effect as Dysport as it relaxes the muscles of facial expression. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Side effects of Dysport

+1

The side effects of Dysport may typically linger for the first two weeks following the injections, and in some cases maybe slightly longer. It really depends on the individual and how much Dysport was injected.  The technique used by the physician is also a factor.  It is important to choose a very experienced physician who knows the importance of proper technique and is has a great deal of knowledge on Dysport. I would recommend speaking with your physician, as he/she is familiar with the nature of your injections. Thank you and good luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport and Side Effects

+1

The symptoms you are experiencing are common side effects. These symptoms can begin hours to weeks after your injection, but should not last longer than a few months. If your symptoms persist or become bothersome, it is important to visit your local professional to make them aware of your condition.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport and heavy sensation in Forehead...

+1

This is uncommon but can occur in some patients.  Symptoms should start to subside after the first week or so. Usually, Dysport lasts, on average, 3-4 months your symptoms will not typically last this long.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Effects of Dysport

+1

Effects of Dysport such as headache and tightness usually only last a week or two, it is unusual for the effects to last the full effect of Dysport which can be 3-5 months.  The good news is Dysport and all effects should be gone by 5 months, six at the latest.  

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Side Effects of Dysport

+1

The most common side effects are nose and throat irritation, headache, injection site pain, injection site skin reaction, upper respiratory tract infection, eyelid swelling, eyelid drooping, sinus inflammation, and nausea. These symptoms can happen hours to weeks after you receive an injection of Dysport.

Daniel Shapiro, MD