How long will the redness last from a VI Peel?

I am in day 2 of a VI peel and my face is red (sunburned) all over and a bit hot. I have followed all directions and the dr said to try Cortisone to help the redness. How long will the redness last? The peeling phase has not yet started. Thank you very much!

+1
Thanks for your question. Redness is a normal reaction from the Vi peel and can last for 5-8 days. The peeling should start around day 2-3 and last for 2-4 days. The post peel protectant that comes in the kit you received contains hydrocortisone 1% and aloe vera among other healing ingredients. You may also try a thin layer of aquafor for additional moisture and relief of itchiness. Hope this helps. 

Vi Peel Process

+1

The Vi Peel is one of the best tolerated peels I've used.

We love it and apply them almost daily.

In our experience, the redness is largely gone by day 4-5, depending on the patient. You are then left with a healthy looking warm glow that fades over several more days. If needed, makeup can be applied after four days.

Be well and good luck!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS