How Long Does the Recovery Take from Doing a Gyenocmastia Removal ?

taking in mind i already did a vaser surgery on for my gynocamstia however the gland is not completely gone , so how long will it take for me to go back to lifting weights if i do the gland removal surgery ( doctor said it's for free )

Gynecomastia surgery requires a minimum of 2 weeks away from light exercise.

+2

Although the direct excision of remaining breast tissue is straight forward, there is a higher risk of developing a hematoma early after surgery than when liposuction is performed in isolation. For this reason, exercise is foolish before 2 weeks and in some cases a longer rest period is required.

For most younger patients, a small but important amount of tissue behind the nipple can not be removed with liposuction alone. I select from VASER, PAL and SmartLipo Triplex (multiple wavelength laser) liposuction for each of my male patients with gynecomastia. I also discuss the possibility of needing to excise tissue directly if the liposuction is unable to achieve optimal contours. Unfortunately, it is not possible to predict the need for excision with 100% accuracy before surgery so: if you desire the best possible outcome, do not mind a small and discreet scar along the areolar edge and want a single recovery from surgery - consider giving your surgeon the permission and consent to do whatever is needed to get the best results the first time around.

Dr. Mosher

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time

+1

Dear patient, The recovery time is normally six weeks, but you should consult your surgeon for specific guidelines.

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

It is always best to check with your operating surgeon for specific guidelines. Generally, I think patients should wait at least 3 to 4 weeks before returning to strenuous exercise/lifting.

How Long Does the Recovery Take from Doing a Gyenocmastia Removal

+1

On average 2 to 3 weeks of NO weight lifting. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon the healing times. 

Recovery From Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

The removal of breast tissue that remains after liposuction of the male chest is usually a small procedure.  It does not cause a lot of discomfort.  However if you are athletic it is important to hold down chest exercise for 3-4 weeks to prevent bleeding or swelling in the area. You can continue with strength training of your legs as soon as you feel up to it, but should hold off chest and shoulder workouts.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Activity after gynecomastia surgery

+1
I tell my patients we can start activities within a few days if they use their common sense. if you are having your chest operated on you can be back doing all other muscle groups other than chest within a few days. I tend to be a little bit more liberal than most as we use the "Scarless" Approach so there are no stitches Therefore no chance of anything popping open.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon