How Long Do the Effects of Sculptra Liquid Facelift Last?

Are the results of the sculptra liquid facelift comparable to plastic surgery facelifts? How so?

Approximately 2 years

+1
Sculptra is an injectable for deep depressions of the face that requires multiple sessions.  The sessions are spaced between 4-8 weeks allowing collagen to be built up.  Usually, there are between 3-6 sessions that are necessary to lift and fill the face.  Sculptra lasts approximately 2 years.  It can be used with other fillers such as Radiesse or Voluma to obtain more instantaneous results until the Sculptra is fully working. 

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Liquid facelift and Sculptra

+1
Sculptra is a great product for stimulating collagen production and producing both lifting and revolumization.  The physical characteristics of different fillers make some of them better for use in certain areas than others.  In certain patients, Sculptra may be used in conjunction with HA fillers such as Juvederm, Voluma, Restylane, Perlane, or Belotero to obtain best results.  The duration of effects of Sculptra can last 2 years or more but this does require full correction in order to achieve this duration of effect.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra liquid facelift

+1

Sculptra liquid facelift stimulates your own collagen so it has longevity. The results from Sculptra can last 2-3 years. Sculptra however does not prevent the continued aging process that continues to break down collagen. If you maintain a healthy skin regimen, often including a retinol, and be very cautious about sun exposure, Sculptra will last longer. Sun exposure causes development of collagenase, which breaks down the natural collagen in your skin and causes wrinkles. It will also break down the collagen produced by the Sculptra. Facelifts last longer, but also do not prevent the aging changes.  Most patients who want to maintain good results, do Sculptra or other fillers to enhance the appearance of a facelift and make it look natural. Most patients would not repeat a facelift for 10 years.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

How Long Does Sculptra Last for a Liquid Facelift?

+1

Hi,

Sculptra is FDA approved to last over 25 months as long as you have done three treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.  It is different from a traditional facelift in that it is creating the volume that we lose as we age.  A traditional facelift is separating the skin from the underlying muscle and reattaching it higher but not creating volume. 

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Liquid Facelift

+1

In the clinical trials, the results from Sculptra were noted up to 2 years after the last treatment. It is difficult to compare surgical facelift results to volume enhancing results, as they address different things, but if volume loss is is contributing to the majority of ones skin laxity, one may not even need a facelift.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift Should Not Be Compared to Surgical

+1
Thank you for your question. The liquid facelift is an effective combination of fillers and botox, dysport or xeomin to rejuvenate the face in a temporary but nonsurgical way.  It works beautifully for patients with volume loss associated with aging but minimal skin laxity.  The lifting effect of the fillers cannot be compared to a surgical facelift or non-surgical lifting procedure such as ultherapy.  They do  not do the same thing. It is difficult to comment on whether you are a good candidate or not without photos. Seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon prior to proceeding with your procedure. You want to be treated by someone who has all options available and will give you the advice you need rather than what you want to hear. Best wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Liquid facelift

+1

Although I am not a fan of the term "Liquid Facelift", I do agree with the other doctors who replied that the effects of Sculptra last 2-4 years.  It is stimulate collagen and add to facial volume which can be most rejuvenating for most people.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra works differently - lasts longer

+1

Sculptra is not a volumizer as such, but rather a stimulator for the body's own tissue to produce its own volume.

As such,  it is slower to reach its maximum benefit. Once there it stays a minimum of two years before very slowly starting to diminish.. Small finessing touch ups could occur around 3 to 4 years  

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Duration of the effects of Sculptra on correcting facial wrinkles and folds

+1

Sculptra is the only injectable facial agent that works by stimulating the skin to grow thicker. I have found that if your skin is actively turning over bceause you are on an effective skin care plan, the results last at least 2 years and typically 3-4 years. The real advantage of Sculptra is that if injected properly and in the correct areas of the face, it can temporarily reverse the signs of aging over time. Because it is not a filler the result develops over 3-6 months.

Laurie Casas, MD

Sculptra is a Leading Contender for Liquid Facelifts

+1

Sculptra addresses the volume loss from some of the most profound causes of aging = loss of facial fat and osteoporosis of the facial bones. Although Sculptra does not replace the fat or bone, it does stimulate new collagen to restore volume to the face. The new collagen is created entirely by you own body, and persists for up to 2 years.

I am a trainer for Sculptra and teach other physicians. I show them pictures of my patients who have a very stable correction at one year after their last treatment. My program is to use Sculptra once per month until the correction is complete; then I see every patient once a year thereafter to "touch-up" the Sculptra for maintenance. After all, they are a year older and have lost more volume with aging during that time.

My goal is to keep peoples' correction suspended over time with a comprehensive maintenance program. If you combine Sculptra with laser skin resurfacing and good skin care, the overall look is a natural rejuvenation.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon