How long will the canthoplasty effect is visible?

I mean, I have read about people and doctors who say that the effect endure just approximate one year long and after that, the position start coming back to his original position and it happen more fast in young (25-30) persons. If I decide to do it (22 years old) it could carry negative effects on my eye lid in the future and for the rest of my life?

Canthopexy or canthoplasty in Young patient's

+2
the negative effects will last year the rest of your life.  At best the cosmetic changes that you see will go away within a matter of months and you will have few negative effects except for some small amount of visible scarring.  At worst you have functional issues of the eyelids, your blink mechanism, and drainage of tears for the rest of your life.

it is so not worth it and not be appropriate surgery for you.  Get a consult with an oculoplastic surgeon in person and get more than 1.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Canthoplasty is not cosmetic surgery.

+2
Do not seek canthoplasty for the purpose of improving the appearance of your eyes.  It will not accomplish this.  It is appropriately part of certain reconstructive procedures.  Surgeon are mistakenly offering this service to their patients out of ignorance.  So not just seek out this surgery, some will perform it on you.  On the other hand, if there is a rational reason why you need it as part of other cosmetic eyelid surgery procedures, then it might be reasonable.  As always, be careful what you look for out there as you might find it.

Resolution of a Canthoplasty

+1
In my experience with hundreds of eyelid surgeries and canthoplasties it does not take a year to "come back".  The canthus is set a the appropriate place with a permanent suture and that is the position.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS