How long does the acne fraxel laser treatment last?

Fraxel for treatment of Acne Scars

+2
Fraxel (1550) is an excellent treatment for acne scars.  It may take 5 treatments if the scars are significant to achieve the best cosmetic result.  The heat of the Fraxel laser produces new collagen and minimizes the scars through this fractionated technology.  It is most important to find a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Permanent Treatment for Acne Scarring

+1

Fractional laser (Fraxel) treatments are permanent, as long as the patient does not develop any new scars due to active acne. 

The laser itself actually creates small micro-injuries to the skin and the deeper collagen layer, promoting new skin and collagen growth, leaving you with resurfaced, beautiful skin.

Julie E. Russak, MD

Combination Treatment with Fraxel Repair, Subcision, PRP and Tumescent Anesthesia is Permanent

+1

I perform an aggressive combination treatment for severe acne scars using tumescent anesthesia, extensive subcision, Fraxel Repair or Fontona SP Dynamis Fractional Erbium Laser (for dark skin types). I do a single treatment. Our average improvement is 72% after one treatment. We have now treated over 300 patients. The results are permanent unless new acne lesions and new scars are formed following the procedure. We have recently added Platelet Rich Plasma to the treatment. This has enhanced our results.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon