Macrolane Breast Filler Vs. Breast Implant for Long-term Safety

am about to get marry, and am not really happy about my breast and am thinking either i do breast implant or macrolane filler, i understand that impant is life time option and i might need to replace them within 5-10 years , and i know that macrolane will remain only for 6 month - 1 year however am looking for the most safe option on the long run specially that my body scar are not that good and i do have breast fiber 1 mm each side. , so please advice

Breast implants are the only proven way to enlarge breasts.

+1

Hi.

Unfortunately in plastic surgery there is more marketing than science. Breast implants have a long track record of effectiveness and safety. The safety of what you are asking about has not been proven, and even if it is safe, it only lasts a few months.

Macrolane breast augmentation

+1

Macrolane is a very new product which has been developed in Europe specifically for breast augmentation based on the concept of dermal fillers that we use today. It is an HA filler approved in Europe and the UK. The product is used to correct contour defects in the breast, and for augmentation, and like all hyluronic acid gels will last up to a year or two before it has to be repeated. I have no information yet as to cost, or possible cup size. Also the complication and satisfaction rate is not known. It seems unlikely that the product will provide the volume possible with a saline, or a silicone gel breast implant. An implant currently would be the best alternative for most seeking enhancement.

peterejohnsonmd

I would not recommend it

+1

I would not recommend the injection of macrolane to the breast. This is done in Europe and I was in meeting in Paris and they had a session about the complication and deformities post the injection. The other issue was the interference with the mammogram.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Macrolane breast filler vs. breast implant for long-term safety

+1

Great question. Only LONG TERM breast enhancer that has proven to be reliable is BREAST IMPLANT (silicone or saline) --- NOT ---- Macrolane.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Filler versus breast implants

+1

Macrolane is not approved for filling the breasts. I would strongly suggest breast implants if you are serious about augmentation and safety is a concern. Seek the advice of a board-certified surgeon in your area who can also exmaine you and discuss your options. Best wishes, /nsn

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Macrolane Breast Augmentation

+1

The FDA regulates drugs and implants in the USA and has NOT approved Macrolane for any use, much less for buttock or breast injections. I am not sure what is its status in Canada.

With the long and safe track record for breast implants - the most heavily studied implant in the history of man kind, I would suggest you have breast augmentation instead with a well trained and board certified Plastic surgeon.

Macrolane breast augmentation with filler versus implant

+1

Macrolane is only a recently described option for breast enlargement, that to the best of my knowledge, is only being performed in Europe. The experience is extremely limited and the longterm effects is unknown. I have no idea about the costs involved.