What Are the Long-term Risks of Pubic Liposuction for Males?

I'm a fit and healthy 32 year-old male considering pubic liposuction. I'm about 10kg overweight and have developed a 3cm-deep fat pad in my pubic area. I do not like this at all. What are the long-term risks? Is there a risk of loosing some or all of my erectile function after the procedure? Can this procedure be performed by a regular plastic surgeon or must it be done by a urologist? My main concern are the possible risks to my sexual function. Please advise me.

There are no long term big risks with pubic liposuctioning.

+2

Liposuctioning of the pubic mons is a very easy, straight-forward procedure under local anesthesia for around $2500 with no down time.  There is a lot of bruising and swelling in the genitals but no permanent sexual dysfunctions.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the pubic area on a male

+1

For men fat tends to be stored in the intra-abdominal compartment. This is visceral fat and can not be liposuctioned. This visceral fat can only be lost by diet and exercise. It is possible that you are a candidate for liposuction but an examination is required.  The risks for men are the same as for women.  The most common area men request liposuction is the lower abdomen and love handle areas. There are no nerves in this suprapubic fat pad and there are no risks for losing erectile function. 

Pubic liposuction

+1

The results tend to be good once the swelling resolves. While all procedures involve some risk, it would be very unlikely to have any long-term problems. A plastic surgeon would be your best choice.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Risks of Pubic Liposuction for Males

+1

Regarding: "What Are the Long-term Risks of Pubic Liposuction for Males?
I'm a fit and healthy 32 year-old male considering pubic liposuction. I'm about 10kg overweight and have developed a 3cm-deep fat pad in my pubic area. I do not like this at all. What are the long-term risks? Is there a risk of loosing some or all of my erectile function after the procedure? Can this procedure be performed by a regular plastic surgeon or must it be done by a urologist? My main concern are the possible risks to my sexual function. Please advise me
."

Liposuction of the pubic mound - Mons Pubis is a very effective procedure but it is associated with some swelling and bruising of the scrotum. The "wiring" of sexual function is not in the Mons pubis and as such there is little chance of pubic liposuction resulting in long-term sexual dysfunction.

Dr. Peter Aldea

+1

A posted photo would be very helpful. My guess is a combination of a type of liposuction and excision of some skin+ fat. Just my thought. No relationship with erection. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski

Liposuction of male suprapubic area

+1

Fortunately the nerves of penile function are not within the pathway of liposuction on the suprapubic area. There will be however, significant swelling and bruising that can show one or more days later around the skin of the penis and scrotum which will spontaneously resolve over a few weeks.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction of the male mons pubis

+1

Liposuction of hte male mons pubis is indicated in patients that have fullness in the area related to fat. It should not impact erectile function.

Male pubic liposuction

+1

Liposcution in the male pubic region does not have any effect on the male sexual function.  There will be the usual healing issues of swelling and bruising; in fact you will have bruising into the scrotum and penis even though these areas were not suctioned.  Liposcution in pubic area is generally very effective.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Risk of liposuction of the pubic area fat

+1

There are no major risks with liposuction of the pubic area if done by a board certified plastic surgeon. The fat is removed from under the skin, the liposuction does not go around the base of the penis or down into the scrotum. Be aware that after the procedure you will experience significant swelling and bruising in the scrotum ("blue balls"). This resolves in 7-10 days if you wear good supporting underwear.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

There Is No Risk To Sexual Function After Pubic Liposuction

+1

Liposuction in the pubic area, while going around the base of the penis, removes fat from the superficial fat layer. The vital nerve structures to the penis lie much deeper and are not in this tissue layer. Therefore, there is no risk of injury to penile function. There will, however, be some temporary bruising and swelling of the penis that extends into the scrotum. This can be initially impressive and little disturbing but it will all pass in a few weeks.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD