Any Long Term Problems with Latisse? Any Patients with Problems Using One Year or Longer?

Any Long Term Problems with Latisse?  Any Patients with Problems Using One Year or Longer?

It's been very well tolerated

+2

The only problems I've seen in some sensitive patients is irritation of the eyelid skin, which goes away after they stop using it.  The iris pigmentation problems that are seen when this medication is applied in the eye has not been seen with it being used on the lash line only.  Just be certain to keep it on the eyelid margins and not  in the eyes - should be safe for a very long time.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

The safety of long term use of Latisse

+2

Even with long term use of Latisse, side effects quite uncommon. Over two and a half million prescriptions for Latisse have now been filled with no confirmed reports of iris pigmentation issues. Less than 4 percent of people experienced redness, irritation and itching of the upper eyelid which was reversible upon discontinuation. I recommend to my patients that they continue application of Latisse twice weekly for as many years as they wish to continue to have longer eyelashes. 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon