Long Term Impact of Chin/neck Liposuction?

I'm a 42 year old physically fit male. I'm quite lean but have always had quite a flabby neck below my jaw. I enquired about liposuction and was told to expect loose skin in about ten years that could require surgery which because I have shaved thinning hair would be difficult to disguise. Can someone advise on the extent to which liposuction predisposes a patient to potentially equally unsightly loose skin later in life please?

Chin and neck liposuction and Ulthera - Los Angeles

+1

I often treat the neck and chin areas with a combination of Ulthera and neck liposuction to yield improved results. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Loose skin after Liposuction

+1

I do not think that having a liposuction procedure predisposes you to loose skin 10 years from now.   As one ages, the skin will become looser,  regardless of whether liposuction was performed.

If you do require a necklift, I would recommend a T-Z Plasty Necklift which is a wonderful technique I use to address loose skin of the neck that keeps the incision within the bearded area of the neck.

Paul S. Gill, MD

There are no general long term negative effects from a properly done liposuction.

+1

Liposuction does not expose you any long term negative effects when properly done under tumescent local anesthesia with the micro canulas. You look great and stay looking good. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo to the neck

+1

Lipo in the neck of a 42 year old, done reasonably well, will generally not create a significant amount of loose skin.  One can, however, develop loose skin in the next ten years as a part of the normal aging process and not due to the previous lipo.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

+1

Skin changes will continue to occur with age.  If liposuction is appropriate for you, then this is not unreasonable.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA