Long-term Effects of Botox and Dermal Fillers?

I started having Botox (forehead) and dermal fillers (NBL, cheeks, tear trough, sometimes lips) about 3 years ago. I love the result, so subtle and natural looking. I continue with touch-ups several times a year. Will using Botox and dermal fillers have any long term side effects, internal or external? I can't imagine that sticking a needle into my skin and injecting product repeatedly for the next 40 years will have no side effects. Tissue damage, scarring?? Thanks for your time.

Fillers and Botox long term

+1

At present there are no long term studies that I know of that suggest any detrimental effect of using fillers and Botox long term.  Of course, don't expect that you will not require facial rejuvenation surgery as you age.