Long Term-dieting with Cereal an Effective Way to Lose Weight After Liposuction?

I am 5ft 1in and used to weigh 150lbs. I was overweight (told by my doctor) and am currently trying to lose weight. I started the cereal diet (eating 1 serving of cereal for lunch and breakfast while eating a normal dinner). I am currently at 120lbs and am having trouble losing more weight. To lose 30 pounds it took about 3 5 months and got liposuction. Am I doing something wrong?

Liposuction and Weight Loss

+1

The preferable thing is to lose weight in a healthy way and then have the liposuction for the stubborn fat left behind.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Long term cereal diet for weight loss

+1

Most definitely not. It just makes you unhealthy and eventually sick. Remember that cereals are simple carbohydrates, and this is not the way to lose weight. The best long term way is to reduce simple carbohydrates (white bread, white rice, potatoes, and mainly sugar or sweets). They put you into insulin resistance and you actually burn sugar instead of fat. You will accumulate fat.

Stick with vegetables with different colors for the phytonutrients in the different colored pigments plus lean proteins. There is no substitute for eating healthfully for weight control and longevity. Your ancestors before the agricultural revolution were tall and thin, not like most people imagine. They were hunters and gatherers. They did not eat cereal or processed anything.

Stick with a healthful diet and you can't go wrong. Keep a daily record of your diet also. Most people are surprised at what they consume.

Also don't forget add exercising into the equation. Park further away from your destination. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon