How Long Can I Use Temp Crown on my Back Tooth?

The tooth cracked while I was abroad an my insurance company said that I should not get the permanent crown abroad but rather wait 2.5 months with the temporary crown. Is this sounds reasonable? Is it possible to use temp crown for this period?

Temporary crown

+2

Replace it as soon as you can, temporaries, wont last long,and they do not support masticatory forces,this can cause you problems, 

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Temp Crown

+2

A well fitting and well cemented temp crown should last under normal circumstances............................

Murray Bruckel, DDS
Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist

Temp Crown on Back Tooth

+2

It all depends on how ell-fitting the temp crown was made. If it fits very well, and was cemented on very well, it can last 2.5 months, if you're careful and avoid chewing on it.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Temp crowns can last several months.

+1

Assuming that the temp crown was properly placed you should be able to go the 2.5 months. You should get the permanent crown taken care of once you return to avoid any new damage to the tooth.

Neil Elman, DDS
Mississauga Cosmetic Dentist