How Long Do TCA Results Last?

I've read various responses online about this questions. Some say that it lasts up to 6 months. Some say it lasts for a long time as long as you take care of your skin. I've performed a 15% TCA peel on acne red/dark spots. I am still waiting for my skin to peel. If it went successfully, will the results last forever?

How Long Will a TCA Peel Last?

+1

The results will last depending on how you take care of your skin after the peel. There are some excellent products, such as Obagi that have a great home system, including cleansers and moisturizer that can help make the peel's result last a long time. But equally important is sun exposure, be sure to use a good sun block, wear a hat and sunglasses when out in the sun.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/skin_care_treatments.html#TCA

One peel is only the start

+1

One peel will only start the process of rejuvenation. Prevention and maintenance should be your goals here. Paying attention to sun protection as well as adding a home regimen can enhance the results you get from office procedures. Your hair won't stay clean indefinitely after one shampooing. Maintenance is the key. Sincerly, Barry Resnik, MD in Aventura, FL

Miami Dermatologist

One 15% TCA will only brighten the skin

+1

Remember that cosmetic procedures only improve something about your skin (discoloration, scars, sagging), but the clock keeps ticking and some type of maintenance is required. One 15% TCA peel will brighten the skin. It will not improve aging or scars. A skin care program must be adhered to in order to prolong benefits. As I have said before, if you want your facelift to give you permanent results, you must die the next day, because the aging process continues. It is just that drastic procedures life facelifts and total resurfacing give more dramatic improvement, so the clock is turned back more.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

TCA peel

+1

TCA peel lasting results depend on the depth. In general rhe results is NOT long lasting and has no effect on acne scars. It may blend in the colors, but no effect on creaters.

Only very deep peels affect the acne scars appriciably. If you have to do that deep of a peel then Laser resurfacing is much better for acne scars. Fractional co2 laser can be powerfull if done correctly and at appropriate depth and patient selection.

TCA peel 15% is good to improve texture, color  and glow of the skin . It need to be done frquentl, and is best combined with OBAJI skin care.