How Long Should I Keep the Tapes in my Nose After the Cast Has Been Removed a Week After Rhinoplasty?

Its been 11 days since i had rhinoplasty done.The doctor removed the cast a week after my nose job and after that he put something like tapes on my nose, which i wonder why some people are just required to put the cast a week and thats it. anyways i just wana know when should i remove the tape on my nose?

Tape after Nasal Cast Removal

+1

Some surgeons do place tape on the skin after cast removal to minimize swelling immediately after surgery.  Follow the instructions of the surgeon who just did surgery on your face.

Taping the nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Not all patients undergo the same rhinoplasty procedure, and you would be best advised to keep the tape on your nose for as long as advised by your plastic surgeon, rather than removing it earlier as others may have been instructed to do. Achieving the best result requires a cooperative effort between both the patient and the surgeon, and if you are concerned about any aspect of your post-operative care you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Taping of the Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You should follow your rhinoplasty physician's directions.  Personally, my patients have a splint and tape for 4 to 5 days.  Once the splint is removed, no further taping is necessary.  Good luck and enjoy your new nose.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Taping of the Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Every plastic surgeon has a very specific routine following removal of the splint or cast from the nose. Please follow your surgeon's advice as he knows what he did during the operation and how to get the best possible result for you.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Plastic surgery is an art and each artist has his/her own techniques and preferences

+1

Plastic surgery is an art and each artist has his/her own techniques and preferences. Your surgeon may believe that prolonged taping will help diminish swelling and may elect to keep it on longer than others.

Surgeons are very particular people

+1

Surgeons have different habits of how they bandage the nose after surgery. Some re-tape after the initial cast is removed and some don't. Sometimes we alter our dressings for thicker skin. There are no good scientific studies about how long tape or casts should be kept following rhinoplasty. We rely on our teachers for some of what we do and the rest we discover through years of experience. Even then, things like the length of time tape is left on is really an individual decision and more has to do with training and habit rather than true science.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD