How Long Does It Take for Breast Implants to Drop?

I Am 3 weeks Post Breast Aug/lift and I'm worried if my breasts are going to drop much. Each time I look at them looks like they have dropped more and more, soon after the procedure they were looking to high, but now I think they look how they should!! Is there anything you can suggest for they stop sagging?? :) I had 345cc Round Nagor GFX High Profile breast implants.

Implants Dropping after surgery

+2

Your photos show a very nice result after surgery - congratulations! The implants will drop into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward will assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants).  Talk to your surgeon and see what he/she recommends for you in terms of supportive bra, etc. to support the breasts where they are currently. Normally, it takes about 3 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result.

Wear a good bra

+1
The full results of your surgery are still not apparent as it generally takes about three to four months. By that time, your breasts will have dropped and tissue expansion will create a more natural breast contour, with more fullness in the lower portion of the breasts. To reduce the rate of sagging, you should wear a good sports bra for several weeks after your surgery to provide the support you need. After you've recovered, you should continue to wear a good bra.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast augmentation week 3

+1
Thank you for the photos. You are way too early to make any statements about the final result. So far you look good.  They usually start to descend at about three weeks. In general it may take 6 months to a year or so to have the implants finally fall into place. Best that you communicate with your board certified plastic surgeon and let him/her know what is going on. Every surgeon may have their own protocol for message, wearing bras, etc;.

Jeffrey Roth, MD