How Long Until Swelling Weight Gain from Tickle Lipo Goes Away? (photo)

I had tickle lipo on my abs and love handles about four weeks ago. I weighed 178 and the doctor took out 5lbs of fat. I expected weight gain from the swelling, but I am unsure how much of the weight is due to swelling. I actually increased my workout and consume less calories since the surgery. I do have some swelling but my weight has been going up and down. I'm only able to get down to 178 but my weight increased to 183 after I stopped wearing the compression garment as instructed by the dr.

How Long Until Swelling Weight Gain from Tickle Lipo Goes Away?

+1

Swelling can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Measuring Weight to Measure Liposuction Result

+1

Your weight is irrelevant. What's important is your appearance.  Liposuction is a contouring procedure that should show significant results immediately, regardless of swelling. At one month, patients that have undergone traditional liposuction are 90% of the way healed.  Based on your photographs, I do not think your belly or waist will be flat when you are completely healed, approximately 3-6 months. 

Tickle Lipo is just one more product put out by enterprising companies that are trying to capitalize on the cosmetic surgery market.  This influx of technologies has not served the public well, confusing the consumer into thinking that a machine is more important than surgical expertise, skill, and impeccable training.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+1

Any typer of liposuction is NOT for weight loss!!! It sculpts an area/s. And I doubt your surgeon(?) removed 5 pounds using ONLY "tickle lipo". Is there any proof of the ? 5 pound removal like a photo of the # of liters removed or a weight recorded of the remove volumes??? After 5 weeks if you can not see an improvement than either you are being mislead or the operation did not achieve any goals for you. Best to post before photos for us to compare.