How Long for Swelling to Subside in Butt Area when Getting Brazilian Butt Lift

I im six weeks post op. I noticed that swelling has subsided in areas. I was wondering how long it takes for the swelling to go away in the buttocks after brazilian butt lift. I dont believe it is swollen anymore, but wanted to get a time frame. thanks

Swelling after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

In general, I inform my patients that the significant majority of the soft tissue swelling associated with the Brazilian Butt Lift will be resolved by 6-8 weeks after surgery.  However, your results may vary depending on your activity levels, general health, compliance with compression, and other factors.

Swelling

+1

On average, the vast majority of our patients swelling (80-90%) has resolved by 6 weeks following their Brazilian. You probably will not be able to quantitatively determine the differences between 6 - 12 weeks following the surgery, but there is probably a small amount of swelling that may take 3 months to completely resolve. 

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon