How Long for Swelling to Subside in Butt Area when Getting Brazilian Butt Lift

I im six weeks post op. I noticed that swelling has subsided in areas. I was wondering how long it takes for the swelling to go away in the buttocks after brazilian butt lift. I dont believe it is swollen anymore, but wanted to get a time frame. thanks

Three Weeks... Three Months... and One Year

Patients undergoing the brazilian butt lift will inevitably develop swelling following this procedure. During the procedure, the liposuction cannula is passed through the subcutaneous tissue.This causes disruption of the lymphatic channels and cellular injury, which causes swelling.
Significant improvement in swelling can be seen in the first three weeks following surgery, with the majority gone in about three months.Small amounts of swelling may persist up to a year following surgery.
We generally recommend the use of compression garments for about three weeks following surgery.We also recommend a low salt diet before and after this procedure.Light exercise is usually started early in the post-operative period, and we want patients to ambulate as soon as possible following surgery.Massage is also helpful in the areas that have undergone liposuction.It mobilizes fluid and ultimately decreases swelling.All of these steps help to minimize the duration of swelling following surgery.

On average, the vast majority of our patients swelling (80-90%) has resolved by 6 weeks following their Brazilian. You probably will not be able to quantitatively determine the differences between 6 - 12 weeks following the surgery, but there is probably a small amount of swelling that may take 3 months to completely resolve. 

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Brazilian Butt Lift

In general, I inform my patients that the significant majority of the soft tissue swelling associated with the Brazilian Butt Lift will be resolved by 6-8 weeks after surgery.  However, your results may vary depending on your activity levels, general health, compliance with compression, and other factors.

Samuel Sohn, MD

About 2-3 months. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS