How Long Does Swelling Last Typically to Female Flanks After Traditional Lipo?

I had traditional liposuction to my flanks on 2-10-12. I had a waist measurement of 35" pre surgery and although my PS said he took 500ccs from each side I am not seeing results like I thought I would and still feel swollen. I feel like the surgery barely made a difference at all. My question is how long does swelling last. When can I expect to see final results and is swelling worse after a long day at work. I am still bruised around my flank area and very tender. Help!

Swelling after liposuction

+2

Swelling after liposuction can persist for several months after surgery. You have to be patient and give it time to settle down.

Swelling after Liposuction

+1

depending upon the amount of tumescent fluid injected in the areas and the surgical technique emloyed, the swelling can last from 4 weeks to a few months. I do Liposuction only under local anesthesia and in my experience the swelling can sometimes take 4-6 weeks to completely resolve

Full results can take up to 6 months to show.

+1

Typically there will be swelling from the disturbance of the tissue associated with liposuction, you can expect it to begin subsiding at about 6 weeks but the full results will not be apparent from 3-6 months after the procedure.

There can be some noticeable difference immediately following surgery but the resulting swelling will hide that, be patient and give it a few months before you decide if it worked for you or not.

As for swelling being worse after a long day at work this is possible. Sitting in one position for long time may restrict blood flow and lead to worse swelling.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon