How Long Does Swelling from a Jaw Reduction Last?

I am planning to have jaw reduction surgery but only have 3-4 weeks break. Is it possible for me to get it done?

Swelling After Orthognathic Surgery

+1

The amount and length of swelling depends on several factors including the procedure performed, one or 2 jaws being operated on, the length of the the surgery, the surgeons skill, the individual themself.  Every patient is different.  If you are only having the lower jaw moved then 2 weeks of swelling is ususally normal.  If two jaws are being operated on then 3-4 weeks of swelling is normal.  This is all individualized though. Talk with your oral and maxillofacial surgeon to get his opinion

Web reference: http://drbdorfman.com

Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon