How long could swelling, face tingling, and itching last after an intense micro ablative co2 laser treatment?

I am on day six and love the results. However, I am still a bit swollen in the lower cheek area and around my mouth, due to a heavy focus in this area due to wrinkles. My face still tingles and itches a bit. How long should I expect this to last? Thank you.

Downtime with C02 Laser

+1

The fractional C02 Laser is a heavy treatment and downtime can last up to 2 weeks on average. Most patients that I have treated report that on day 7-10 is when they started looking and feeling “normal” again. The swelling, tingling and itching are all a part of the healing process and again should subside after about 10-14 days. After I treat my patients with a C02 Laser I see them every day for the first 4 days, then at their 2 week follow up, and 2 months thereafter. This is a procedure that should only be performed by a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon and the proper after care regimen needs to be followed precisely.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Healing after microablative laser treatment

+1
  1. You healing sounds normal after a microablative CO2 laser,
  2. It may be 1-2 weeks for swelling, itching and tingling to subside,
  3. However if you get cold sores, discuss your doctor - your symptoms can mean an activated infection. It will not improve without treatment.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD