How Long is Swelling Expected to Last After Cellulaze?

I know it will vary somewhat from person to person, but on average how long is swelling expected to last after cellulaze?

Swelling varies after cellulaze

+2

Swelling varies after cellulaze treatment from patient to patient.  This is because treatments vary by severity of cellulities, length and amount of treatment, and your healing potential.  Everyone heals differently.  To see your final results, it takes 3-6 months. 

Swelling following Cellulaze with vary from person to person.

+2

Swelling following Cellulaze typically will last a few days to a few weeks.  If you have severe of persistent swelling, I would recommend that you contact the doctor who did your procedure.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

How Long is Swelling Expected to Last After Cellulaze? by anon

+2

Another concern is the timing of the swelling. The average time span is 1 month. But I have seen in my 35 cases a few take 6 weeks. But I ALWAYS have my CELLULAZE patients receive lymphatic massages and possible external ultrasound therapy. This seems to help reduce the swelling. Regards from MIAMI 

How long does swelling last?

+2

The duration of postoperative swelling varies from person to person.  And it also depends on your activity level and your compliance to compression garments.   Most of the swelling should subside in 4-6 weeks.  However, it takes 3 - 6 months to actually see your final results.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Swelling after Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.  Most swelling resolves within the first two months after the procedure, but still the improvement will take longer to see.  Improvements in the cellulite have been seen up to a year after the procedure.  I hope this helps and best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD, board certified in Plastic Surgery

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze

+1

Swelling will last a few weeks but the compression garment will help to subside. It will take a full 3-6 months to see your final results.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Swelling following Cellulaze

+1

Swelling can last 6 weeks, and even longer in some patients.  You're completely right--it is extremely variable from patient to patient.  We have found that doing Smoothshapes or lymphatic massage after 3-4 weeks is extremely beneficial and can help mobilize any remaining fluid and swelling and may get you to your end result sooner.  Follow up with the surgeon that performed your procedure and see if they have any advice or treatment for your particular case.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Swelling After Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, therefore after the treatment there will be some swelling and a little soreness. Since Celluaze is a minimally invasive laser procedure, incision sites are very small and most patients are able to return to their normal activities in a day or two. I would say swelling should not last for more than a few weeks, with the final results evident between 3-6 months post-treatment. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD