How Long Does Swelling Take After Open Rhinoplasty?

Hi, I had an open rhinoplasty about a week and a half ago. I got my top of bridge shaved down and my side of my nose straighten out, the bridge looks straight and good, but the side of my nose looks straight and all but kinda wide and big if you know what i mean. is that from swelling or what ??

Rhinoplasty and nasal swelling

+1

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty can last up to a year and sometimes longer.  Be patient it should get better with time.

Swelling after open rhinoplasty

+1

Open or closed, swelling after rhinoplasty will take several weeks, and the scar and stiffness within the tissue, which most will feel is "swelling", will stay around for a full year before all is soft. Thicker skin can take longer.

Timeline for rhinoplasty swelling

+1

When discussing swelling with rhinoplasty, skin thickness is a major concern.  I tell my patients to allow one year for thin skin patients to two years if the skin is thicker.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon