How Long is Surgery for a Tummy Tuck?

How Long is Surgery for a Tummy Tuck?

TIme required for tummy tuck surgery

+1

Dear Cloe971,

Every case is different but usually it takes about 3 hours for a full tummy tuck surgery to be performed.

Many factors affect the length of the surgery:

1. Laxity of skin.

2. Amount of skin targeted.

3. Medical conditions

4. Previous surgeries.

5. Hernias and or diastasis recti to be addressed

I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified surgeon of ample experience who will help you to make an informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

A full tummy tuck takes about 2 hours to perform.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Although each patient is different, a full tummy tuck typically takes about 2 hours to perform.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Tummy tuck time

+1

Dear chloe971,

The question that you ask is not the most important question. You should consider an experienced board certified plastic and check his before and after pictures. It is the qualty of the end result and the safety of the procedure that should be the most important issues for you. The length of the surgery depends on the following : patients size, extensiveness of the skin and muscle laxity, presence of hernias, previous surgeries like liposuction  or need for scar revision for surgery like gastric bypass etc. So, time can vary from 2-6 hours. But, again, the most important issue for you should be the surgeon. Not all surgeon are alike !

Good luck,

Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty or Mastopexy First?

+1

Because I have a good team and we've been together for many years, most tummy takes take about 2 hours. But it really doesn't matter if it is 2 or 3 hours as long as you choose a skillful surgeon who will get the result you want and do it safely.

Tummy tuck length

+1
Every surgeon is different. I am on the slower side and it takes me a little over 3 hours but is definitely dependent on how much work is performed and whether a liposuction component is involved. I also close the skin with sutures because I believe that the closure is as important as the underlying repair; other surgeons who do not do this may be faster.

Tummy Tuck Duration?

+1

You will find that the duration of surgery will differ from one patient  and surgeon to another.  Much will depend on exactly what is necessary/performed. You may be better off   addressing the question to your chosen plastic surgeon for  a  more precise  response.  In my hands, the average tummy tuck  takes 2 to 3 hours to complete.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Time for a tummy tuck

+1

Each patient and each surgeon are different but for me, it takes right about 2 hours to to a full tummy tuck.