How Long Will I Be Suffering from Significant Pain After Open Rhinoplasty when I Am Already 3 Weeks Out?

3 weeks ago I underwent open Rhinoplasty to remove the dorsal hump from my nose and repair a slight disfiguration due to an injury. I continue to experience a significant amount of pain! It is an ache and throbbing in both my nose, face and head. The worst is felt when I wake in the morning. My only relief is provided when I take a pain reliever, such as Alleve. Is it normal to be experiencing so much pain this far out and how long should I expect to continue to be in pain on a daily basis?

Pain following rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal to have this much discomfort 3 weeks after your procedure. I would recommend following up with your surgeon as soon as possible so they may examine you and diagnose the problem. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Post rhinoplasty pain management

+1

Having this much discomfort and pain three weeks post cosmetic rhinoplasty is not normal. Also internal nasal crusting after open septorhinoplasty may lead to discomfort this far out. Please check with your surgeon for evaluation and treatment. Wish you a good recovery.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Pain is not normal after rhinoplasty beyond one or two days.

+1

Pain is not normal after rhinoplasty beyond one or two days. You should see your surgeon to find out why you are having significant pain from your operation