How Long Does it Take to Have a Substantial Improvement with Juvederm for Eyes and Scars ?

Hi,I'm injected juvederm in the tear trough,crow's feet +an old depressed scar.I’m pretty satisfied with my eyes,however,it's the second time,I’am injected for a retouch 14 days after the 1st injection. My eyes look better but it's not perfect yet and regarding the crow's feet wrinkles,they sound to be always apparent with a kind of granulauma on the spot injection which makes me worried.For my scar,the relief's better but does it take more time to have a substantial improvement on scars?Tx

Improvement of scars with Juvederm

If the scar is shallow and not too big, Juvederm will work,albeit temporarily.

If the scar isdeep and attached to the subcutaneous fat layer, you may need a subcision followed by injection of Juvederm or another filler. I would try Radiesse next time, or even Artefill. A Photo would help.

There are many other ways to treat scars including classic excision, punch excision, punch excision/grafting,etc.

You may want to discuss these alternative treatments with the Doctor who is treating you.

Chicago Dermatologist

Treating scar with juvederm

Treating a scar with juvederm should not be a whole lot different than using it in other areas. You should see the improvement right away. the only case in which I think it might take time is if there is inflammation and swelling around the scar from the injection making it look worse temporarily.. After a few days hat you see should be what you got. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist