How Long to Keep Steri Strips on TT Incision (Internal Sutures, No Durabond)?

Hello, I had a mini TT 4 weeks ago and still have the steri strips on. My scar is hip to hip, no durabond on the incision line, with internal sutures. In one area the skin is red around the strips and I had one small blister. At times the scar area is extremly itchy; I am not certain if the itching is from the strips, or the scar healing. Will I have a less visable scar if I wait a few more weeks to remove the strips? I dont see my surgeon again for 3 months. Thank you.

Steri-Strips

+2

In my practice, I typically have my patients leave the Steri-Strips on for 2-3 weeks.  At 4 weeks post op, I would say to go ahead and remove the strips.  They are most easily removed in the shower with soap and water.  Leaving the Steri-Strips on will not improve the overall outcome of your procedure or appearance of the scars; only time will do that.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Incision Care?

+1

Incision line care varies from one surgeon to another;  since your plastic surgeon is ultimately responsible for your account, it would be best for you to call his/her office for instructions. If necessary follow-up with him/her sooner than scheduled.