How Long Should I Stay at Home After Lipo on my Belly?

I am 22 years old,female,Asian, 5.5ft hight,and 150Ib.I am going to have my lipo tomorrow,I started doing work out everyday since last month,I want keep on losing weight and let liposuction be a catalyzator to me,better shape might motivate my work out perseverance. my question is , how long should I stay at home for rest after liposuction? is it ok I just go out for a walk right after lipo surgery? I will take pics and upload here after my surgery.

Exercise after liposuction

+2

A little walking around the house the first two days might help you heal but I would not encourage brisk walking or other exericse in the first two days so that bleeding and oozing of other fluids underneath the skin may be minimized.

Liposuction - Can I Walk Around A Bit After Stomach Lipo?

+1

Hi bemodel,

You shouldn't necessarily stay home at all.

Of course, a lot depends on how you're feeling and how much surgery was done.  I encourage my patients to get up and walk around on the day of surgery and every few hours afterward (aside from time spent asleep).  Early mobilization has been shown to decrease the risk of complications such as blood clots and respiratory problems.

Exercise is a different issue.  I usually advise my patients not to exercise for the first three weeks post-op and then, at that point, to start slowly and advance as tolerated.  Start with stretching and gentle movements, and only do more vigorous activities once you're sure you can do the less stressful ones.  And you should, of course, clear all of this with your own plastic surgeon.

But if it's a question of walking around a bit a few days after lipo - you should have no problem doing that.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Activity after liposuction

+1

It is perfectly fine to talk light strolls after liposuction surgery as long as you feel comfortable.  Most of my patients return to work ( desk job) within a few days to a week after the procedure.

Returning to activity after lipo

+1

Gentle ambulation shortly after surgery is actually encouraged and can begin almost immeddiately. In fact, it is undesireable to remain at bed rest.

Exercise after liposuction

+1

Congratulations on getting active before your liposuction-that will only help your recovery.  I think it's fine to do a little walking a day or two after liposuction on your abdomen--just listen to your body and stop when you're tired or if anything hurts.  You'll be able to get back into the gym for more serious workouts within a week or two.  Just use common sense, and you should be fine.

Carmen Kavali, MD