How Long Will SmartLipo Last? Will Fat Return to the Same Area Treated Before?

I'm considering signing for a smart lipo treatment. I have heard that the SmartLipo result is permanent – when fat is removed from one area of the body it won’t return there. So my doubt is where will new fat be deposited and would it be deposited at odd areas of the body or in an uneven manner?

The results of smartlipo last forever

+1

Smartlio liposuction removes fat cells and these can never return. However, some fat must be left behind in order to keep the skin soft and normal appearing. If a patient gains significant weight the fat that remains can increase in size.

Chicago Dermatologist

Fat return after smartlipo

+1

After ANY liposuction, some fat will return to that location if you were to gain weight. As the cells are removed, there are less fat cells left behind to swell with more fat if you gain weight compared to other areas of the body that didn't have the fat cells removed.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction results

+1

How long do the results last? The results last a lifetime, but you should try to maintain you weight in a reasonable range to expect them to last.

+1

Sorry to say your statements are totally unfound, untrue. Best to see in person a Smart Lipo surgeon in your area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Will Fat Return to the Same Area Treated Before?

+1

Regarding: "How Long Will SmartLipo Last? Will Fat Return to the Same Area Treated Before?
I'm considering signing for a smart lipo treatment. I have heard that the SmartLipo result is permanent – when fat is removed from one area of the body it won’t return there. So my doubt is where will new fat be deposited and would it be deposited at odd areas of the body or in an uneven manner
?"

selamat pagi,

SmartLipo is a form of Laser Liposuction and I'll comment on it in a minute.

Liposuction literally removed SOME of the fat cells in an area as the surgeon literally sculpts each area of the body. Just like a potter or a sculptor removes more in some areas than others to render shape, so does a Plastic surgeon do the same using vacuum and a sterile suction tube. This means that SOME fat is left behind. (If no fat was left behind, you would look as if you were starving to death).

However, contrary to some women's beliefs, a Liposuction is NOT a generic Get-out-of-Jail Monopoly card or an Presidential pardon allowing you a life time of poor eating and no exercise. The fat remaining in the suctioned areas and the less or non suctioned areas retains its ability to store excess calories as fat. If you "mess up", these storage cells WILL get bigger and make it look as IF it is deposited in odd manner. It is not. Depending on your female to male hormone balance excess calories result in female-like OR male-like fat accumulation. The ONLY exception is that areas with less fat cells after liposuction will store less fat than those areas with more fat cells.

As regards Laser liposuction (SmartLipo, SlimLipo etc), there is not a shred of scientific evidence so far in our literature to prove that cooking the fat with a very hot laser fiber before removing it with a liposuction vacuum has any advantages. The considerable number of hard and impossible to fix complications of SmartLipo such as burns, numbness and irregular dimpling should be seriously considered before lying on that operating room table.

Dr. Peter Aldea