Can a Long Skinny Face Turn into a More Oval Face with Injections Put in the Right Place in the Face

Hi, I'm planing on getting injections into my cheek area to make my long skinny face more oval. Just wondering if it's possible to change the shape of your face with Radiesse? Thanks

Facial shapes

+3

The oval or heart shapes are the most popular facial shapes.  Converting a long rectagle to an oval shaped face is possible with fillers, micro fat transfers, and craniofacial techniques for skeletal augmentation or bone reduction surgeries.  There are so many options today to address the bone, fat, and skin structures.  I suggest you discuss these parameters in depth with your surgeon to find the best fit to your structure, and the best techniques to consider that fit your schedule and budget.  The result should be "natural" with projected longevity, acknowledging that nothing is really permanent. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Yes, a long skinny face can definitely be made to look more oval with injections

+1

Yes, a long skinny face can definitely be made to look more oval with injections in the right place.  Radiesse is a good product for this and another good product is Sculptra.  Both products provide volume and if injected into the right areas can create a very nice result.  You have to make sure you go to an experienced injector so that the face looks balanced and appropriate.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse in the Face

+1

If done correctly, Radiesse can be used to restore volume to your face and transform a longer shaped face to a heart shaped face.  Restoring volume can also give your face a little bit of life as well!  The fillers are a great option with minimal to no down time, which is especially important!

Kimberly Lee, MD

Radiesse to Cheeks....

+1

Yes, Radiesse is a great filler for the cheeks and if done properly it can enhance your natural curvatures of the face as well as add volume.  Satisfaction is very high with my patients that get Radiesse to their cheeks. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

How to shape the face with Radiesse

+1

All very good feedback by panel members.

When one prefers a more rounded appearance to minimize or camouflage an elongated appearance, the treatment goal should strive for softened angles, a stronger mid face, volume to replace concave areas for convex.

Shaping the face involves volumizing, lifting, and supporting.  To add structure, we prefer Radiesse for the tug and hold that it offers in providing a scaffold, so to speak.  This is especially helpful when shaping the mid face.

A thorough treatment plan takes into consideration all of the factors already outlined by the many panel responses.  Be certain that your goals are understood and be certain to ask to view before/after photos of actual patients treated by your injector.

.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Can a long skinny face look oval with fillers

+1

Yes, of course...I do this all the time with Perlane, Radiesse and Cheek Implants.  There's no magic in the fillers themselves but rather in the aesthetic judgement of the person who's injecting the fillers into the face in order to create the most attractive facial shape for a man or a woman.  Before having your Radiesse, you might want to learn more about the aesthetics of facial beauty to ensure you get the best possible outcome.

Using Radiesse to Change the Shape of Your Face

+1

When properly injected and placed by an experienced physician, Radiesse creates seemingly small changes in shape, proportions, balance, and symmetry which can have a surprisingly large effect on our perception of the face. Radiesse has given physicians and patients a new dimension in facial contouring by revolumizing the aging face through a minimally invasive approach. It can be used gradually let you decide on the look you want. Since Radiesse is not reversible, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Filling out a thin face

+1

Volumizing a thin face,  especially common in athletes, extreme dieters and some elderly, requires special knowlege of facial shaping and aesthetics.  Placing fillers in an inappropriate place or in excessive amounts creates distorted and unattractive features.  Of all of the fillers for volumizing, my favorite is Sculptra which makes you make your own collagen and takes two or three sessions about a month apart.  Sculptra lasts about 2 years.  Other effective fillers for this purpose are Radiesse, which lasts about a year, and Fat, which is less predictable in terms of duration. Hyaluronic acid fillers can also be used but require large amounts and do not last as long; 

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Radiesse can volumize and help contour the face in a very natural and lasting way

+1

Radiesse, strategically placed in the skin can have a great impact in gently recontouring facial features in a very natural way. The areas where we concentrate the injections are typically the mid face and along the jawline, and sometimes in the temples as well for a very "subtly dramatic" effect.

You should see a well trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon to have them review with you the best options for you and the risks of the procedure. The most common risk is brusing, which typically resolves within a week or so. The effect can last a year or longer and my experience has been that over time, fewer injections or treatment sessions are needed in order to maintain and enhance the results.

Doris Day, MD

Can a long skinny face be changed without surgery

+1

Yes, a long skinny face can be "balanced" (as I refer to it) by treatments into the upper face. However, like most things in cosmetic dermatology, the trick is to put the right product in the right place. This requires some knowledge of anatomy as well as the characteristics of the fillers used. I like to try to match the thickness of the product with the lift that I want to achieve and the thickness of the patients skin.

I will lift by injecting into the upper, outer aspects of the cheeks with something thick to pull the face up.

This is frequently performed incorrectly and when it is done wrong, leads to cheeks that are pushed up and people end up looking  like monkeys instead of sculpted.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon